Thursday, September 26, 2013

Promo shoot



As Omnibus Press doesn't have a budget for promotion, Don and I had to do our own promotion shoot for the biography. Tuesday I therefore went to Silkeborg in Denmark, where Don lives, to do some photos. I had my daughter Tea with me and she shot the photos.

By chance our editor Chris Charlesworth had sent an advance copy of the book to Don and we used it in some of the shots. I didn't get an advance copy as I'm "just" the author and as such not treated very well. I've been an author for almost 30 years and I've always had great working relationships with publishers world wide, so it's weird that this particular company has decided to totally ignore me. Seven years of hard work writing the actual biography doesn't seem to count for anything, so I have to buy my advance copy at Waterstones in Wolverhampton next week like everyone else!

Anyway, the photo that you see here we are probably not going to send to the press, but I love it anyway. A bird flew by just as Tea shot the photo and Don is watching the birdie, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment